Information clause for candidates for studies
Fulfilling the obligation under Article 13,sections(1) and (2) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of people with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free transfer of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) - hereinafter referred to as "RODO", we inform you that:
1. The Administrator of your personal data is Academy of Physical Education in Katowice with its registered office at 72A Mikołowska Street, 40-065 Katowice, (hereinafter: the Administrator).
2. The Administrator has appointed a Data Protection Officer to supervise the correctness of personal data processing, who can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Administrator processes your personal data:
a) for the purpose of the application process for the studies conducted at Academy of Physical Education in Katowice in the academic year 2022/2023. The basis for the processing of personal data in this regard is Article 6,section (1),letter (c) of the RODO and Article 6 section (1,)letter(e) of the RODO in connection with the Act of 20 September 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science in connection with the with the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 27 September 2018 on studies, and in the case of people who are obliged to submit medical certificates on the basis of generally applicable law - also Article 6,section(1)letter (c) of the RODO in connection with Article 9,section (2),letter (h) of the RODO in connection with the Regulation of the Minister of Health of 26 August 2019 on medical examinations of candidates for secondary or higher schools and for qualified vocational courses, pupils and students of such schools, students, participants of qualified vocational courses and doctoral school students;
b) in order to establish, assert and defend claims, which constitutes a legitimate interest pursued by the Administrator. The basis for the processing of personal data in this regard is Article 6,section (1),letter (f) of the RODO;
c) for other purposes, indicated in the consent clause, in case t you give your consent to their processing. The basis for the processing of personal data in this area is the consent, which is the prerequisite legalizing the processing of personal data referred to in Article 6,section (1),letter (a) of the RODO.
4. Providing your personal data is a necessary requirement for the application process. The consequence of failing to provide data is the inability to participate in the application procedure. Providing personal data for the purposes referred to in the consent clause is voluntary - their omission will result in your data not being processed for the purposes indicated in the consent clause.
5. The personal data provided may be transferred to entities entitled to receive them under applicable law. Personal data may also be transferred to third parties in connection with the implementation of banking services, i.e. to a payment operator.
6.If a candidate is accepted for studies, his/her documentation of the application process, including personal data, will be included in the student's file. In the case of a refusal to admit a candidate to a course of study, the personal data will be processed for the duration of the application process plus the time during which the candidate can appeal the decision. In the case of data processed on the basis of consent, it will be processed for the period necessary to fulfil that purpose indicated in the consent clause or until the consent is withdrawn.
7. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request its rectification, to request its erasure, to request the restriction of its processing and to request data transfer. In order to use these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer directly (contact details as above).
8. If your personal data are processed on the basis of your consent (Article 6,section(1),letter(a) of the RODO), you have the right to withdraw it at any time, which, however,it does not affect the legality of the processing carried out before the withdrawal of this consent. The statement of withdrawal of consent can be addressed to the Data Protection Officer (contact details are indicated above).
9. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where the processing of your personal data is based on a legitimate interest (Article 6,section (1),letter (f) of RODO) or in connection with the performance by the Administrator of a task carried out in the public interest (Article 6,section (1),letter (e)of RODO). In such a situation, the Administrator will no longer be able to process your personal data unless it has a valid legitimate basis for doing so, overriding your rights and freedom or a basis for establishing, pursuing or defending your claims. You may submit this objection directly to the Data Protection Officer (contact details as above).
10. In case of recognition that the processing of your personal data violates the law, in particular the RODO law, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection in Warsaw.
11. Your personal data will not be processed in an automated manner and will not be subject to profiling.
12. The Academy of Physical Education in Katowice shall not be held responsibility for incorrect data entry by the candidate in the application system.